Vision and Values
Our mission is to;
‘Work together to provide the highest quality of personalised education for each individual through a culture of continual improvement’
We hold the view that all our pupils have the potential to acquire the essential personal capabilities and positive characteristics to be successful. However, the specific physical, psychological and medical barriers that our pupils encounter mean that, to be successful, teaching must be planned to provide security in learning as well as challenge in developing character and academic achievement.
We also hold the view that from the moment a pupil enters our school we have a collective responsibility to nurture and develop them through both academic rigour and the building of character so that each child or young person can feel successful in life. We seek to ensure that pupils develop, independently, a range of attitudes and characteristics that will define them as positive individuals willing to contribute constructively to society.
I am a HHELC pupil
“I am resilient, ambitious, motivated, creative, engaged, capable and successful.
I am a learner, a trier, a risk taker, a creative thinker, an achiever.
I AM UNIQUE!
- For each pupil and student to possess self-belief and dignity and to enable them to develop their individual skills and talents
- To provide an environment in which all members of the school are happy, feel valued and are able to co-operate in an atmosphere which is conducive to effective learning
- To support pupils and students in developing attributes and attitudes which will equip them for the future and enable them to make a positive contribution to society
- To teach pupils and students to accept responsibility and to develop their ability to think and work independently
- To ensure that every pupil and student is treated as an individual who has the right to access a range of educational opportunities as best fits their current needs
- To ensure pupils and students are given the opportunity to pursue a balanced curriculum that meets their individual needs and statutory requirements
- To ensure that, insofar as pupils and students are medically able, they will continue with their (statutory) education achieving academic and personal success. However, learning opportunities are personalised to reflect the pupil’s and student’s needs and abilities and as such educational alternatives will also be provided