Welcome to the Hospital and Home Education Learning Centre. I hope that you find our website interesting and informative, providing you with an insight into our school. Our school is an education provision based in the City of Nottingham for children and young people with health needs. HHELC delivers five separate provisions across four sites including:
1. The Children’s Hospital School which serves thirteen wards at the Queens Medical Centre
2. Two wards and a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at the Lookout Education Centre at
3. Nottingham Education Sanctuary Team (NEST) based at Castle Road
4. Secondary Pathways based at Castle Road
5. Sherwood Pathways based at the Sherwood Education Centre
I feel very privileged to be the Head Teacher of HHELC and lead a strong team of highly skilled staff. We want all our children and young people to be confident, happy individuals capable of fulfilling both academic and personal success. We believe that every pupil and young person should feel valued and encouraged to achieve the very best they can and we are committed to working with a range of professionals and parents to achieve our aims. Our core principles and aims are shared across the whole school at all of our provisions.
I hope our website gives you a flavour of the learning that our pupils and students undertake on a daily basis. The personalised learning approach we adopt means that each pupil or student can continue their learning with both challenge and security, at their own pace, without pressure and within a safe environment.
If you would like to know more about our school please contact: