The Children’s Hospital School serves all paediatric wards of the 150+ bed Children’s Hospital at QMC. The CHS supports 7 main groups on 12 wards of the Children’s Hospital, each with discrete needs.
- Oncology, childhood cancers in all its forms;
- Neurology patients with brain injuries both medically and accidentally incurred;
- Cystic Fibrosis and other respiratory conditions;
- Patients recovering from all types of injuries and from surgery;
- A variety of medical conditions including unexplained symptoms;
- Acute episodes of Mental Ill Health;
- Patients with Renal conditions, including those receiving regular Dialysis treatment.